1841 - Generals Joseph Smith, Hyrum Smith, and John C. Bennett, all receive an invitation from Brigadier-General Ezekiel W. Swazey, and Colonel Amos B. Fuller, of the militia of Lee County, Iowa, to attend a military parade on September 14 in Montrose, Illinois. (History of the Church, 4:416)
1843 - The Prophet Joseph attended a lecture at the Grove by Mr. John Finch, a Socialist from Liverpool, England. At the conclusion of the lecture the Prophet said a few words in response. Also, the Nauvoo Neighbor reprinted an article from the New Haven (Connecticut) Herald that stated, “there is not a more industrious, moral, and well-ordered town in the country” as well as other positive statements about Nauvoo and its Prophet leader, Joseph Smith. (History of the Church, 6:33)
1856 - Under the direction of President Brigham Young, President Jedediah M. Grant of the First Presidency institutes the “Mormon Reformation” at a conference in Kaysville, Utah. The purpose of the reformation was to remind the Saints of their blessings and to call them to repentance for being lax in keeping the commandments.
1898 - Lorenzo Snow is sustained as the fifth President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. George Q Cannon and Joseph F. Smith were sustained as Counselors.
1970 - The first stake in Maryland is organized.
1990 - The Leningrad Branch is approved for registration by the Council of Religious Affairs in the Soviet Union marking formal recognition of the Church for the first time in that country.
1994 - President Howard W. Hunter addresses the full-time missionaries over the Church Satellite system, the first-ever satellite address to missionaries.
2006 - President Gordon B. Hinckley dedicates the new campus of the LDS Business College in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. The college moved from its South Temple "Mansion" location to the Triad Center in the center of downtown over the summer. The campus occupies all 10 floors of the Triad 4 building and has over 150,000 square feet.
2015 - The Mexico City Mexico Temple is rededicated by President Henry B. Eyring of the First Presidency.