1838 - The Kirtland Camp completed the crossing of the Illinois River and continued west towards Missouri. Two brethren traveling East arrived from Far West, Missouri and brought the first information from the Saints since the group had left on their journey from Kirtland, Ohio.
1842 - The Prophet Joseph continues to sit for his portrait being painted by Brother David Rogers. (History of the Church, 5:165)
1843 - The Prophet Joseph asked W. W. Phelps to answer the letter recently received from Illinois Governor Ford, and to enclose a copy of the resolutions passed at a meeting of the mob at Carthage. (History of the Church, 6:35)
1888 - Jacob Spori is selected to be the first principal of the newly created Bannock Stake Academy, the forerunner to Ricks College, now Brigham Young University-Idaho.
1931 - The First Presidency (President Heber J. Grant, Anthony W. Ivins, and Charles W. Nibley) published a letter in the Deseret News opening the way for 12 and 13 year-old girls to attend MIA. Parents could now decide whether to keep their daughters in Primary or let them join the MIA. Boys in that age group were already members of MIA through the Boy Scouts.
1972 - While at Mars Hill in Athens, Greece, Elder Gordon B. Hinckley offers a prayer that President Harold B. Lee later states is a rededication of Greece for the preaching of the gospel.
1985 - Four Church members were among the 5,000 killed in an 7.8 earthquake in Mexico City. No Church buildings were damaged.
1992 - The first branches of the Church in the Central Africa Republic are organized in Bangui.
1999 - The Bismarck North Dakota Temple is dedicated by President Gordon B. Hinckley.
2015 - The Priesthood Restoration Site in northeaster Pennsylvania, is dedicated by Russell M. Nelson, President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. This historic site is located along the Susquehanna River, the restored setting, known in scripture as Harmony, re-creates Joseph and Emma Smith's first home, as well as the nearby home of Emma’s parents. It also features a visitors’ center that tells the story of the restoration of the Priesthood and early LDS history.